Audiologists are licensed health professionals specializing in the prevention, identification, and evaluation of hearing disorders, the selection and evaluation of hearing aids, and the rehabilitation of individuals with hearing impairment.
Audiologists administer comprehensive hearing evaluations in children and adults. Some of the testing available includes: tympanometry measurements, otoacoustic (OAE) testing, hearing aid evaluations and fitting, and custom hearing protection.
Byrd, Denise, AuD, FAAA, CCC-A
Spearfish Regional Medical Clinics
French, Louise, MA, CCC-A
Regional Medical Clinic -
Western Hills Professional Building
When Should You Schedule an Appointment?
- Sudden or gradual loss of hearing
- Chemotherapy patients for radiological monitoring
- Workers exposed to high noise levels
- Children with middle ear problems
- Children with learning or speech problems
- Family history of hearing disorders
- Ability to hear, but not understand, especially in groups or in the presence of background noise
- Dissatisfied with present hearing aids
Specialty Procedures and Instrumentation
- Aural rehabilitation
- Assistive listening devices
- Complete hearing evaluations and recommendations
- Hearing aid consultations on analog and digital technology
- On-site hearing aid repair
- On-site fitting verification and validation to ensure patient satisfaction
- Mobile Testing Unit