Pediatrics/Advanced Care Pediatrics
Where children are our passion
Rapid City Regional Hospital is proud to offer pediatric care for children up to 16 years of age. Located on the third floor of Rapid City Regional Hospital, our 16-bed Pediatric department and 6-bed Advanced Care Pediatrics are the only specialized pediatric units in the Black Hills region, providing care to more than 350 patients each year.
Our Team Members
The highly-qualified pediatric team at Rapid City Regional Hospital specializes in the care of children and their unique needs.
Team members include:
- Family members
- Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Registered Nurses
- Patient Care Technicians/Nursing Assistants
- Health Unit Clerks
- Respiratory Therapists
- Pediatric Pharmacists
- Laboratory Staff
- Pediatric Case Manager
- Pediatric Social Worker
- Lactation Consultants for breastfeeding mothers
- Assistant Director of Pediatrics (Registered Nurse)
- Director of Women's and Children's Services (Registered Nurse)
- Unit Assistant
Conditions We Treat
- Ear, nose, and throat illness and surgery
- Endocrine conditions including diabetes
- Infections and immune system conditions
- Gastrointestinal (stomach and bowel) illness and surgery
- Neurologic (brain and spinal cord) illness and surgery
- Oncology (cancer) follow-up treatment
- Orthopedic (bone, muscle, and joint) injuries and surgery
- Poisoning and drug overdose
- Respiratory (lung) and breathing illness, including asthma and respiratory infections
- Urinary and bladder illness and surgery
- Other medical and surgical problems
Care is provided to critically-ill infants and children in the Advanced Care Pediatrics unit.
Parents and caregivers are encouraged to visit and spend time in the family-oriented Pediatrics department at any time of the day or night.
Concerns and questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Please call with any questions or concerns you may have.
- (605) 755-8380 (Pediatrics)
- (605) 755-8393 (Advanced Care Pediatrics)