Our Hospice Care programs provide compassionate care for terminally-ill patients with an end-stage disease process and limited life expectancy. These services are available for people of all ages. Health care professionals strive to meet the physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs of the patient and family.
Hospice services can take place -
Regional Health hospice services include:
- In the home,
- Assisted living center,
- Nursing home, or
- In a hospice facility like the Hospice House
in Rapid City or the Hospice Suite in Sturgis
Hospice Services Include:
Hospice of the Hills
Hospice of the Hills serves patients and their families in Pennington, Custer, Fall River counties and adjacent communities in Meade County.
Hospice of the Northern Hills
Hospice of the Northern Hills provides care for patients and their families in Lawrence, Butte and Meade counties.
Hospice House is located in Rapid City near Rapid City Regional Hospital and provides inpatient care. (Inpatient care)
Hospice Suite in Sturgis
The Hospice Suite in Sturgis provides care in a supervised setting. (Inpatient care)
- Skilled nursing care in patient's home or nursing home facility with hospice contracts
- Nursing Services on call, 24 hours a day, seven days a week including holidays
- Assistance with personal hygiene and skin care
- Arrangements for durable medical equipment and physical therapy services in the patients home when medically indicated
- Bereavement services for family members
- Volunteers to help with direct patient care, errands, and to provide companionship
- Social Work staff to help patient and family deal with terminal diagnosis, treatment and family issues.