With your busy life, it can be hard to stay on top of your family's health care - even though it's the most important thing of all. Our online patient portals allow you to access important portions of your personal medical records in a safe and private manner - according to your schedule.
Using your secure password, you can log into the online patient portals 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from the comfort and privacy of your home or office.
Helpful Information and Links
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What You Can Do With Patient Portals
- Patient Portal Tips
NOTE: Information from your visit to a Regional Health facility will only be available on the correct Patient Portal – Hospitals and Surgery Centers, Clinics, or Regional Cancer Care Institute.
What You Can Do With The Patient Portals
- Retrieve test results
- View personal health information
- Update demographic information
- View balance
- Make secure credit card payments (Clinics Patient Portal only)
- View, request appointments (Clinics Patient Portal only)
- View billing statements (Clinics Patient Portal only)
- Communicate with your doctor by sending and receiving secure messages (Clinics Patient Portal only)
Browse health facts and information
(Clinics Patient Portal only)
Patient Portal Tips
- If you are having trouble logging in, check to make sure you are using the correct information.
- For example: Use your legal name, not your nickname. (i.e. Patricia instead of Patty)
- Are you using what is listed as your home phone number in our medical records.
- If you enter the correct name, phone number and date of birth and receive a message stating that "we were unable to locate your patient account", please contact the clinic to verify your information.
- If you are having problems with the page opening, please contact your internet provider as there may be blocks they need to take away.
Hospital and Surgery Center Patient Portal Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Register for My Patient Portal?
At the time of your visit, you will be asked to provide basic information, such as your name, phone number, date of birth and Email address. The information you provide is confidential and is processed through our secure system at the time of entry. Once you have provided us with the necessary information, you will be able to set up your account on My Patient Portal. The information you provide will be the same information you will enter to establish a user name and password on the My Patient Portal website.
- Under Regional Health Hospitals and Surgery Centers Patient Portal at the top of this page, click the LOGIN button. This will take you to a separate portal website.
- Click on the "Sign Up" button.
- Answer a series of questions and create a username and password for your account.
- Use the code given to you during your visit to gain access to the patient health record for you or the patient you are authorized to view. You do not need this code after you create your user account.
What Do I Need to Access My Patient Portal?
• Access to a computer and the internet
• An email address
• Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 or higher, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari internet browser
How Secure is My Patient Portal?
My Patient Portal is a secure and encrypted website. This means that you and those you enroll are the only people who can access your health information in My Patient Portal. To prohibit unauthorized access, all medical information is stored behind our firewall in our electronic medical record system. Additionally, you set your own password and security answers. Regional Health and Same Day Surgery Center do not control and are not responsible for the information on your device or what you do with your information once you export from My Patient Portal.
Remember: do not share your password and keep it in a safe location to keep your data secure.
Can I Pay My Hospital or Surgery Bill on My Patient Portal?
At this time, paying your bill via My Patient Portal is not available. If you would like to pay your bill online, please visit our website: Pay Your Bill.
Will All of My Information Be Available on My Patient Portal?
Most laboratory and radiology results will display. Please allow 24 hours for your results to appear in the portal. Some information, for example from the Emergency Department and Labor & Delivery Department, may be limited until the information can be displayed in a way that is more easily read. Behavioral Health visits will not be displayed. Patients discharged before April 1, 2013 will not have information available on My Patient Portal. Any records not found on My Patient Portal are available through the Health Information Department at each hospital or surgery center.
Remember: My Patient Portal is available to patients who have visited Custer Regional Hospital, Lead-Deadwood Regional Hospital, Rapid City Regional Hospital, Spearfish Regional Hospital, Spearfish Regional Surgery Center, Sturgis Regional Hospital, and the Same Day Surgery Center, a partner of Regional Health. Patients who have visited another Regional Health facility (for example Regional Health clinics or Urgent Care clinics) will not have information from those visits available on My Patient Portal.
Can I Get a My Patient Portal Account for a Loved One?
Yes. My Patient Portal gives parents or legal guardians of minor children (age 12 years and younger) access to portions of their child's medical records. My Patient Portal can also be used by legal guardians of dependent adults to access portions of the medical record of their loved ones. At the time of your child or dependent adult's next visit, ask our staff for assistance in setting up your loved one's My Patient Portal account.
Is There a Charge to Having My Patient Portal?
There is no charge. My Patient Portal service is offered complimentary to Regional Health and Same Day Surgery Center patients.
Can I Refill My Prescriptions on My Patient Portal?
No. While the Patient Portal does list the current and past medications you have taken, you will still need to contact your physician's office to refill your prescriptions.
Clinics Patient Portal Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I Register for the Patient Portal?
You have two options to register for the patient portal; either on your own via the internet or in your physician's office. To register on your own, please click the REGISTER/LOGIN link at the top of this page. To register in one of our clinics, please speak with a member of the staff.
What Do I Need to Access the Patient Portal?
- Access to a computer and the internet
- An email address
- Microsoft's Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari internet browser
- An internet browser capable of supporting 128 bit US encryption
How Secure Is the Patient Portal?
When using the patient portal, all communications between you and your physician's office are carried over a secure, encrypted connection. This secure connection utilizes industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) 128-bit encryption to ensure secure data transmission as well as server-side digital certificate authentication. To prohibit unauthorized access, all medical information is stored behind our firewall in our electronic medical record system. Additionally, you set your own PIN number.
PLEASE NOTE: It is extremely important that you keep your PIN in a secure location and completely confidential. Please DO NOT SHARE your PIN with anyone. Your PIN is specific to you and your secure account on the portal. It is your responsibility to prevent disclosure of your PIN and to change your PIN if you feel that your security has been compromised. Regional Medical Clinics do not control and are not responsible for the information on your device or what you do with your information once you export from the portal.
How Do I Change My PIN Number?
You can change your PIN number by using any of these three options:
- Log into your account, go to the My Profile tab and click on "Reset PIN."
- Go to the portal and click on "Forgot PIN?"
- Contact your physician's office and request a new PIN.
Can I Access My Child's Health Information Through the Portal?
Yes! You can create a family login account that will allow you to access selected family members' health information, known as a Family or Guarantor Access. You will have the same access to patient information and actions as you do with your own patient web portal account.
- In order to setup an account of this nature, the patient to which you are requesting access will need to log in to their patient web portal account and grant access using the following steps. If you know the login information for this patient, such as your child, log into their web portal account.
- Go to the "My Profile" tab and click on "Family/Guarantor Access."
- Enter the e-mail address of the family member and click on "Go."
- Select an Account Type of "Family", fill in the required fields, and click on "Submit."
- A temporary password will appear in a pop up screen. Write this password down and forward it to the family member, as it will not be available after clicking on 'ok'.
- The family member's name will then be listed under the "Family" section at the top of the screen.
- To edit or remove this family member's access, click on the family member's name at the top of the screen.
- To log into this family account, from the login screen, place a checkmark next to "Sign into your family or guarantor account." Enter your e-mail address and password for your family or guarantor account and you will be greeted by the standard welcome screen. Please note that at the top of the screen next to your last login date, you will see a drop-down menu where you can switch between patients to which you have access.
For answers to additional questions about the patient portal, please log in and click the FAQ tab on the left side of the screen.