2015 Great Black Hills Duck Race
Sunday, July 26
Thanks Everyone For Participating!
The Great Black Hills Duck Race is a 26-year tradition in the hills. This year, the fund raising event for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals will take place at the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology (SDSM&T) football stadium due to high water levels in Rapid Creek. The race will start at 2 p.m. with the Drop of the Flock at the east side of the stadium. SDSMT&T football players will race the ducks through an obstacle course up and down the field.
To sponsor a duck
Several packages are available:
- Sponsoring a single duck is $5
- Sponsoring a 5 duck package is $25 (includes t-shirt)
Online duck sales are now closed. Ducks can be purchased at the West side McDonalds from 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Sunday, or at the School of Mines & Technology football stadium from noon to 12:45 p.m. Sunday.
Race Day Activities:
- Ducks will be on sale from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. at the Westside McDonald’s
- Activities will begin at the SDSM&T stadium at 1 p.m. with children’s games, rides and food vendors
- The Drop of the Flock will take place at 2 p.m. on the east side of the SDSM&T stadium and the race will begin
- Race winners will be announced at the stadium at the conclusion of the race
Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals help area children get the medical care and attention they need at hospitals served by Regional Health. Funds raised through events like the duck race go to purchase medical equipment and services and programs for ill and injured children in the area. In-school safety programs, a pediatric emergency transportation fund and special equipment purchases are just a few of the many ways you help make medical miracles happen by buying ducks.
2014 Duck Race Winners!
One hundred percent of the money raised through special events, such as the Duck Race, goes to children’s services at Regional Health hospitals.
2013 Duck Race Prize Winners
2012 Duck Race Prize Winners
Duck Race News:
2012 Rapid City Journal story/photos
2011 Rapid City Journal
2010 Rapid City Journal story
Qualifying for the top prize
2009 Duck record
CMN fund raising