2015 Great Black Hills Duck Race
Sunday, July 26
The Great Black Hills Duck Race is a 26-year tradition in the hills. A fund raising event for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®
, more than 17,000 rubber ducks are dropped into Rapid Creek from the bridge on West Main Street and race to the finish at Memorial Park about a mile and a half away.
To sponsor a duck
Several packages are available:
- Sponsoring a single duck is $5
- Sponsoring a 5 duck package is $25 (includes t-shirt)
- A Very Important Duck package is $150
Call the Foundation office at 755-9193 to purchase a duck or click on the Buy Now link below to purchase a duck or package on our secure site.
Based on availability, ducks may be available day of the event.
Race Day Activities:
- Watch the flock drop at 2 p.m., Sunday, July 27 at the West Main bridge by McDonalds
- A visit from the region's largest duck at the West Main McDonalds
- Games and fun for children at Memorial Park from 1 p.m. until the race finishes
- Souvenirs, games and more
Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®
helps area children get the medical care and attention they need. CMN is a program of the Rapid City Regional Hospital that works to fund medical equipment, services and programs for ill and injured children in the area. In-school safety programs, a pediatric emergency transportation fund, and special equipment purchases are just a few of the many ways CMN and you help make medical miracles happen.
One hundred percent of the money raised through special events, such as the Duck Race, goes to children's services at Rapid City Regional Hospital.
2014 Duck Race Winners!
2013 Duck Race Prize Winners
2012 Duck Race Prize Winners
Duck Race News:
2012 Rapid City Journal story/photos
2011 Rapid City Journal
2010 Rapid City Journal story
Qualifying for the top prize
2009 Duck record
CMN fund raising